- How Disruptive Is Russia’s Ruble Dive?25 mins ago
- Cubans Welcome News of Better U.S. Relations25 mins ago
- What Do We Know About ‘The Interview’?25 mins ago
- Budget cuts could delay tax refunds31 mins ago
- Harvard to Stop Buying SodaStream Machines Because They’re a ‘Microaggression’35 mins ago
- Kurds: ISIS ‘cleansed’ from area35 mins ago
- White House on Sony hack attack: There will be a proportional response35 mins ago
- Iraqi Kurds free ‘vast area’ of Mt Sinjar freeing trapped Yazidis, Kurdish leader says37 mins ago
- British hedge fund manager’s $531M divorce settled39 mins ago
- Processed food as landscape photos39 mins ago
- Putin miscalculated, must make a change: O’Neill40 mins ago
- Soros May Become Top Ukraine Bankster42 mins ago
- Syriza’s leader seeks to reassure the markets over debt pile44 mins ago
- Celebrities share their best advice45 mins ago
- ‘Team America,’ too?!45 mins ago
- Serial Episode 12: What We Don’t Know46 mins ago
- Three Isis leaders killed in US-led air strikes in Iraq51 mins ago
- BASF and Gazprom scrap energy asset swap51 mins ago
- Rand Paul: Cuba Relations Thaw ‘Probably a Good Idea’52 mins ago
- Why this CEO returned his $2M bonus53 mins ago
- San Diego police sued over tracking cell phones with ‘stingray’54 mins ago
- Update: ‘Team America’ screening canceled at Texas theater54 mins ago
- Tire swing slams into man’s face, kills him54 mins ago
- 5 Things To Fill The Serial-Sized Hole In Your Life55 mins ago
- Former VA Official Inappropriately Awarded a Contract Worth $15 Million to a Friend’s Company57 mins ago
- On Cuba, Score One for… the Popes? And Who’s Against Opening Relations Anyway?57 mins ago
- Everything’s fine, says Putin in press conference – including my love life57 mins ago
- How Obama Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Unilateralism58 mins ago
- Defiant Putin blames west for Russia’s economic woes1 hour ago
- #SaveBela: Can strangers save dog?1 hour ago
- Colombia government rebuffs truce with country’s largest rebel group1 hour ago
- Paramount Cancels Showings of Decade-old ‘Team America,’ Theaters Say1 hour ago
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? Head north1 hour ago
- See a stunning solar flare captured by NASA1 hour ago
- Cuomo: Hydraulic fracking too risky1 hour ago
- VIDEO: Punch-up at parish meeting1 hour ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes is back, and she’s taking aim at Rand Paul1 hour ago
- Iraqi Kurds retake besieged Mt Sinjar1 hour ago
- Go Greek! Disney, Chobani bet on kids1 hour ago
- Garcia quitting ‘new low for Fifa’1 hour ago
- TEMS 2014 finale: Duane Patterson, Lila Rose, Kurt Schlichter1 hour ago
- A Eulogy for Colbert1 hour ago
- USDA’s Animal Care Unit Inspects Buildings that Have No Animals1 hour ago
- Movie Theaters Forced to Cancel Showings of Team America: World Police1 hour ago
- Sony hack is ‘US security issue’2 hours ago
- Aer Lingus rejects bid from IAG2 hours ago
- Obama signs Russia sanctions bill, no plans to use it for now2 hours ago
- Holder: Race Relations ‘in a Better Place’ After My Tenure2 hours ago
- VIDEO: Brawl over Kenya security bill2 hours ago
- Carter: ‘Proud’ of Obama on Cuba2 hours ago
From its very inception, the Leninist/Marxist ideology of the Soviet Union made it a central priority to dispel and subjugate religious and spiritual expression. The state was “god.” No other god could be allowed to flourish, for if the people were given license and freedom of belief in something beyond themselves and beyond the establishment, they would retain a sense of rebellion. The collectivist philosophy requires the utter destruction of all competitors; otherwise, it can never truly prevail.
But, as is often the case when the government says one thing, they mean exactly the opposite. In this case, when they say incentive what they really mean is that you are going to be penalized if you fail to acquire government mandated health insurance. But not just you. Your children, who apparently no longer belong to you anyway based on a recent court ruling, will be fined for your failure to get them on the insurance rolls:
National Review Online
EDITOR’S NOTE: This is a federal take over of the internet, this is nothing but venomous double-speak. THIS WILL END ALL MODERN FREEDOM AS WE KNOW IT!
[…]Obama wades into a contentious debate that has raged over how to treat Internet traffic, which has only heated up as the FCC works to prepare an official guideline. Those rules were expected to be made available later this year, though reports now claim they may be delayed until early 2015. The debate has centered on whether broadband should be placed under Title II regulation under the Telecommunications Act, which already tightly controls phone services.
Proponents believes Title II regulation would ensure the free and fair flow of traffic across the Internet. Opponents, however, believe the onerous rules would limit investment in the infrastructure and new services, and that toll roads of sorts would provide better service to companies that can support their higher traffic volumes. That has created widespread concern that ISPs could throttle service in some instance, intentionally slowing down some content streams and speeding up others.
The policy, a summary of which is also posted online, ominously advises users to, “Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition.”
Tesla chief executive Elon Musk has warned about artificial intelligence before, tweeting that it could be more dangerous than nuclear weapons. Speaking Friday at the MIT Aeronautics and Astronautics department’s Centennial Symposium, Musk called it our biggest existential threat:
“I think we should be very careful about artificial intelligence. If I were to guess like what our biggest existential threat is, it’s probably that. So we need to be very careful with the artificial intelligence. Increasingly scientists think there should be some regulatory oversight maybe at the national and international level, just to make sure that we don’t do something very foolish. With artificial intelligence we are summoning the demon. In all those stories where there’s the guy with the pentagram and the holy water, it’s like yeah he’s sure he can control the demon. Didn’t work out.”
EDITOR’s NOTE: Mark my words ladies and gentlemen, this has NOTHING to do with politics and is ALL about shutting down the freedom of speech, do not fall for the lie, this is a urgent red alert!
In a surprise move late Friday, a key Democrat on the Federal Election Commission called for burdensome new rules on Internet-based campaigning, prompting the Republican chairman to warn that the Left wants to regulate conservative political sites and even news outlets like the Drudge Report.
Democratic FEC Vice Chair Ann M. Ravel announced plans to begin the process to win regulations on Internet-based campaigns and videos, currently free from most of the FEC’s rules. “A reexamination of the commission’s approach to the internet and other emerging technologies is long over due,” she said.
The power play followed a deadlocked 3-3 vote on whether an Ohio anti-President Obama Internet campaign featuring two videos violated FEC rules when it did not report its finances or offer a disclosure on the ads. The ads were placed for free on YouTube and were not paid advertising.