Recently in the great State of Alabama there has been an increase in sex crimes in our schools. Every week a new teacher is discovered to be having inappropriate relationships with students. Following is a list of links to incidents in just the past 18 months.
- Alabama teacher arrested for sex with student days after wife arrested on same charge
- Hoover High School PE teacher arrested amid claims she manhandled student
- Decatur teacher charged with sex with 2 students
- Falkville teacher’s aide and victim had Facebook contact before sex
- High school teacher accused of sex with student
- Alabama math teacher arrested, accused of having sex with student
- Former Pell City teacher pleads guilty to 2 counts of sex with students
- 2nd East Limestone High School teacher placed on leave
- Former Jefferson County teacher charged with sex act involving teen student
- Coach, teacher’s aide charged after alleged sexual relationship with 17-year-old student
- Alabama teacher received nude pictures of multiple boys, FBI alleges
- New trial ordered for former Country Day teacher accused of sex with student
- Teacher traveled to Thailand for sex tourism, feds say
- Former Etowah County teacher arrested for sexting students
- Alabama middle school teacher charged with stalking former student
- High school teacher in Shelby County charged with sex with student
- Alabama middle school teacher facing stalking charge re-arrested
This list is by no means exhaustive, nor does it compile local sources, this is only links from al.com! Even this relatively short list should raise the alarm of an epidemic that has its claws deep in Alabama.
This type of scandal is not new at all, in fact it is as old as time itself, however there is no doubt that this trend is growing here in the south. With much of the public in disgust and measures being purposed by lawmakers for teacher training, it begs the question, why is this happening? What could cause this spike in inappropriate teacher/student relationships? The degradation of society definitely plays a role, but where are people’s common sense of decency or fear of doing something wrong? Where has the respect for someone’s child gone? The combination of a society with little fear of God left and the means of communication brought by new technologies has provided the perfect storm of repulsive behavior.