Gun manufacturers would likely not be the first to come to mind when considering industries who have benefited the most during President Obama’s first term, but a study from Ammo.net finds that firearm sales and concealed handgun permit applications are at all-time highs since the 2008 election.
Just to show a few statistics illustrating what those in the industry call ”the Obama effect:”
- Ruger’s firearm sales have gone from $117 million to $232 million, an increase of 98%
- Winchester’s sales of ammunition have gone from $431.7 million to $572 million, an increase of 33%
- Federal excise taxes collected on the sale of new firearms and ammunition has risen 48.3%
- January 2012 was the 20th straight month of increases in NICS background checks compared to the same month in the previous year
- December 2011 saw over 1.41 million NICS background checks run, the most ever for a single month
- The few states which regularly report concealed carry permit numbers have seen increases in active permit holders ranging from 46% to 161%
Read entire article HERE.